There is nothing more daunting than shopping for a bathing suit. You can feel like the storm cloud when you don’t own a swimsuit that you love or even one that fits. Don’t let this happen! Get rid of the frustrations with this guide that explains the differences between tops and bottoms. Also, there are some tips to help you get to the water.
Different Types Of Swimsuits
Description: A two-piece bathing costume, usually with a bra-cut bottom and bottoms that are below the navel
The best: Showing off your figure, mixing and matching types, colors, and patterns
Description: One-piece bodysuit often with cutouts at the lower and middle back
Best: more coverage and overall support
- Active Swimwear
Description: One- or Two-piece Bathing Suit for Water Activities like Swimming or Diving
Staying in place, not riding up, is the best strategy.
Description :Two-piece bathing suit. It consists of a top covering the navel, and your choice of bottoms.
Better coverage and the versatility of a 2-piece
Description: One-piece bathing suit with attached skirt
Best for – The most coverage, especially in thigh and butt regions
Types Of Bikini Tops
- Triangle – Adjustable straps around neck and back. This is the classic bikini look.
- Halter: These straps attach around the neck and provide more support for larger busts.
- Bandeau – A strapless top that usually includes soft cups and boning to stay in place. This is great for small to medium chests with fewer tan lines.
- Underwire – Top with a bra-shaped cup for support and lift. Available in sizes small to large, may offer to push up
- Flounce – top with bra-like, adjustable straps. The flowing fabric in the front can either increase the size of the chest or reduce the bust.
Different Types Of Bikini Bottoms
- Cheeky – Bottoms that cut low expose your rear and create the illusion of more body.
- High Waisted – Covers stomach, sits at the natural waistline and slims the overall silhouette
- Hipster – This sits comfortably on the hips, provides great coverage, and stays put
- Skirt: A skirt that covers the thighs. This provides good coverage for the booty as well as the thighs.
- Short Swim Shorts: Ideal for swimming, with minimal coverage of the bottom and thighs.
10 Shopping Tips For Bathing Suits
Always Choose A Black Color Plus Size Shapewear. It’s slimming and attracts the sunlight so it makes you feel hotter both metaphorically and physically.
Size Down. Bottoms need to be on the smaller side since water will stretch them over time.
Make Sure It’s Clean. A thong or a thong works fine.
Get Versatility. Tops with removable pads allow you to decide if you want a chest boost.
Be Bold With Your Patterns. Tops that have intricate designs can create the illusion of a larger chest.
Plan Ahead. Get a top that has several clamps around your shoulders and chest so you can adjust as needed.
Keep Covered. You can always throw on a coverup and go.
Stick With The Classics. Don’t be afraid to experiment with new patterns and prints. Solid colors will last for longer.
Get A Little Wiggle In Your Suit. Check to make sure you have enough support for the activities you are planning.
Be Confident. Everybody is “Beachbody-ready.” You should choose the swimsuit you feel best in. You will feel the best in it, we promise.